42 CFR 456.106 - Organization and composition of UR committee; disqualification from UR committee membership.
(a) For the purpose of this subpart, “UR committee” includes any group organized under paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section.
(b) The UR committee must be composed of two or more physicians, and assisted by other professional personnel.
(c) The UR committee must be constituted as -
(1) A committee of the hospital staff;
(2) A group outside the hospital staff, established by the local medical or osteopathic society and at least some of the hospitals and SNFs in the locality;
(3) A group capable of performing utilization review, established and organized in a manner approved by the Secretary.
(d) The UR committee may not include any individual who -
(1) Is directly responsible for the care of the patient whose care is being reviewed; or
(2) Has a financial interest in any hospital.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 456 after this date.