42 CFR 457.30 - Basis, scope, and applicability of subpart A.
(a) Statutory basis. This subpart implements the following sections of the Act:
(1) Section 2101(b), which requires that the State submit a State plan.
(2) Section 2102(a), which sets forth requirements regarding the contents of the State plan.
(3) Section 2102(b), which relates to eligibility standards and methodologies.
(4) Section 2102(c), which requires that the State plan include a description of the procedures to be used by the State to accomplish outreach and coordination with other health insurance programs.
(5) Section 2106, which specifies the process for submission, approval, and amendment of State plans.
(6) Section 2107(c), which requires that the State plan include a description of the process used to involve the public in the design and implementation of the plan.
(7) Section 2107(d), which requires that the State plan include a description of the budget for the plan.
(8) Section 2107(e), which provides that certain provisions of title XIX and title XI of the Act apply under title XXI in the same manner that they apply under title XIX.
(b) Scope. This subpart sets forth provisions governing the administration of CHIP, the general requirements for a State plan, and a description of the process for review of a State plan or plan amendment.
(c) Applicability. This subpart applies to all States that request Federal financial participation to provide child health assistance under title XXI.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 457 after this date.