42 CFR 457.60 - Amendments.
A State may seek to amend its approved State plan in whole or in part at any time through the submission of an amendment to CMS. When the State plan amendment has a significant impact on the approved budget, the amendment must include an amended budget that describes the State's planned expenditures for a 1-year period. A State must amend its State plan whenever necessary to reflect -
(a) Changes in Federal law, regulations, policy interpretations, or court decisions that affect provisions in the approved State plan;
(1) Eligibility standards, enrollment caps, and disenrollment policies as described in § 457.305.
(2) Procedures to prevent substitution of private coverage as described in § 457.805, and in § 457.810 for premium assistance programs.
(3) The type of health benefits coverage offered, consistent with the options described in § 457.410.
(4) Addition or deletion of specific categories of benefits covered under the State plan.
(5) Basic delivery system approach as described in § 457.490.
(6) Cost-sharing as described in § 457.505.
(7) Screen and enroll procedures, and other Medicaid coordination procedures as described in § 457.350.
(8) Review procedures as described in § 457.1120.
(9) Other comparable required program elements.
(c) Changes in the source of the State share of funding, except for changes in the type of non-health care related revenues used to generate general revenue.