42 CFR 457.630 - Grants procedures.
(a)General provisions. Once CMS has approved a State child health plan, CMS makes quarterly grant awards to the State to cover the Federal share of expenditures for child health assistance, other child health assistance, special health initiatives, outreach and administration.
(1) For fiscal year 1998, a State must submit a budget request in an appropriate format for the 4 quarters of the fiscal year. CMS bases the grant awards for the 4 quarters of fiscal year 1998 based on the State's budget requests for those quarters.
(2) For fiscal years after 1998, a State must submit a budget request in an appropriate format for the first 3 quarters of the fiscal year. CMS bases the grant awards for the first 3 quarters of the fiscal year on the State's budget requests for those quarters.
(3) For fiscal years after 1998, a State must also submit a budget request for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year. The amount of this quarter's grant award is based on the difference between a State's final allotment for the fiscal year, and the total of the grants for the first 3 quarters that were already issued in order to ensure that the total of all grant awards for the fiscal year are equal to the State's final allotment for that fiscal year.
(4) The amount of the quarterly grant is determined on the basis of information submitted by the State (in quarterly estimate and quarterly expenditure reports) and other pertinent information. This information must be submitted by the State through the Medicaid Budget and Expenditure System (MBES) for the Medicaid program, and through the Child Health Budget and Expenditure System (CBES) for the title XXI program.
(b)Quarterly estimates. The Children's Health Insurance Program agency must submit Form CMS-21B (State Children's Health Insurance Program Budget Report for State Children's Health Insurance Program State expenditures) to the CMS central office (with a copy to the CMS regional office) 45 days before the beginning of each quarter.
(1) The State must submit Form CMS-64 (Quarterly Medicaid Statement of Expenditures for the Medical Assistance Program) and Form CMS-21 (Quarterlye Children's Health Insurance Program Statement of Expenditures for title XXI), to central office (with a copy to the regional office) not later than 30 days after the end of the quarter.
(2) This report is the State's accounting of actual recorded expenditures. This disposition of Federal funds may not be reported on the basis of estimates.
(1) Name and address of the State Agency/organization administering the program;
(2) The employer identification number (EIN); and
(3) A State official contact name and telephone number.
(e)Grant award -
(1)Computation by CMS. Regional office staff analyzes the State's estimates and sends a recommendation to the central office. Central office staff considers the State's estimates, the regional office recommendations and any other relevant information, including any adjustments to be made under paragraph (e)(2) of this section, and computes the grant.
(2)Content of award. The grant award computation form shows the estimate of expenditures for the ensuing quarter, and the amounts by which that estimate is increased or decreased because of an increase or overestimate for prior quarters, or for any of the following reasons:
(i) Penalty reductions imposed by law.
(ii) Deferrals or disallowances.
(iii) Interest assessments.
(iv) Mandated adjustments such as those required by Section 1914 of the Act.
(3)Effect of award. The grant award authorizes the State to draw Federal funds as needed to pay the Federal share of disbursements.
(4)Draw procedure. The draw is through a commercial bank and the Federal Reserve system against a continuing letter of credit certified to the Secretary of the Treasury in favor of the State payee. (The letter of credit payment system was established in accordance with Treasury Department regulations - Circular No.1075.)
(f)General administrative requirements. With the following exceptions, the provisions of 45 CFR part 75, that establish uniform administrative requirements and cost principles, apply to all grants made to States under this subpart:
(2) Financial reporting, 45 CFR 75.341.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 457 after this date.