42 CFR 460.71 - Oversight of direct participant care.
(1) The PACE organization must provide each employee and all contracted staff with an orientation. The orientation must include at a minimum the organization's mission, philosophy, policies on participant rights, emergency plan, ethics, the PACE benefit, and any policies related to the job duties of specific staff.
(2) The PACE organization must develop a competency evaluation program that identifies those skills, knowledge, and abilities that must be demonstrated by direct participant care staff (employees and contractors).
(3) The competency program must be evidenced as completed before performing participant care and on an ongoing basis by qualified professionals.
(1) Comply with any State or Federal requirements for direct patient care staff in their respective settings.
(2) Comply with the requirements of § 460.68(a) regarding persons with criminal convictions.
(3) Have verified current certifications or licenses for their respective positions.
(4) Are free of communicable diseases and are up to date with immunizations before performing direct patient care.
(5) Have been oriented to the PACE program.
(6) Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.