42 CFR 66.111 - Suspension, waiver, and cancellation.
(a) The Secretary may extend the period for undertaking service described in § 66.110(c), permit breaks in the continuous service required under § 66.110(c), or extend the period of repayment under § 66.110(e) if the Secretary determines that:
(1) An extension or break in service is necessary so the individual may complete his or her research training;
(2) Completion during the period would be impossible because the individual is temporarily disabled; or
(3) Completion during the period would involve a substantial hardship to the individual and failure to extend to the period would be against equity and good conscience.
(1) Fulfillment would be impossible because the individual is permanently and totally disabled; or
(2) Fulfillment would involve a substantial hardship to the individual and enforcement of the obligation would be against equity and good conscience.
(1) The individual's present financial resources and obligations;
(2) The individual's estimated future financial resources and obligations;
(3) The reasons for the individual's failure to complete the requirements within the prescribed period, such as problems of a personal nature;
(4) The extent to which the individual has been engaged in activities encompassed by § 66.110(a) and (b);
(5) Whether the individual has received sufficient training to be qualified to perform any such activities;
(6) The unavailability of employment opportunities appropriate to the individual's education and training; and
(7) Any other extenuating circumstances.
(d) Any obligations of any individual under this subpart will be cancelled upon the death of that individual.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 66 after this date.