42 CFR 93.412 - Making decisions on institutional noncompliance.
(a) Institutions must foster a research environment that discourages misconduct in all research and that deals forthrightly with possible misconduct associated with PHS supported research.
(b) ORI may decide that an institution is not compliant with this part if the institution shows a disregard for, or inability or unwillingness to implement and follow the requirements of this part and its assurance. In making this decision, ORI may consider, but is not limited to the following factors -
(1) Failure to establish and comply with policies and procedures under this part;
(2) Failure to respond appropriately when allegations of research misconduct arise;
(3) Failure to report to ORI all investigations and findings of research misconduct under this part;
(4) Failure to cooperate with ORI's review of research misconduct proceedings; or
(5) Other actions or omissions that have a material, adverse effect on reporting and responding to allegations of research misconduct.