43 CFR § 2804.17 - What is a Master Agreement (Processing Category 5) and what information must I provide to BLM when I request one?
(a) A Master Agreement (Processing Category 5) is a written agreement covering processing and monitoring fees (see § 2805.16 of this part) negotiated between BLM and you that involves multiple BLM grant approvals for projects within a defined geographic area.
(b) Your request for a Master Agreement must:
(1) Describe the geographic area covered by the Agreement and the scope of the activity you plan;
(2) Include a preliminary work plan. This plan must state what work you must do and what work BLM must do to process your application. Both parties must periodically update the work plan, as specified in the Agreement, and mutually agree to the changes;
(3) Contain a preliminary cost estimate and a timetable for processing the application and completing the projects;
(4) State whether you want the Agreement to apply to future applications in the same geographic area that are not part of the same projects; and
(5) Contain any other relevant information that BLM needs to process the application.