43 CFR 3214.22 - What must I do if I want to use a letter of credit to back my bond?

prev | next
§ 3214.22 What must I do if I want to use a letter of credit to back my bond?

Your letter of credit must:

(a) Be issued by a Federally-insured financial institution authorized to do business in the United States;

(b) Be payable to the Department of the Interior - Bureau of Land Management;

(c) Be irrevocable during its term and have an initial expiration date of no sooner than 1 year after the date we receive it;

(d) Be automatically renewable for a period of at least 1 year beyond the end of the current term, unless the issuing financial institution gives us written notice, at least 90 days before the letter of credit expires, that it will no longer renew the letter of credit; and

(e) Include a clause authorizing the Secretary of the Interior to demand immediate payment, in part or in full:

(i) If you do not meet your obligations under the requirements of § 3200.4; or

(ii) Provide substitute security for a letter of credit which the issuer has stated it will not renew before the letter of credit expires.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 43 - PUBLIC LANDS
Public Laws
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.