43 CFR 3281.15 - What is the minimum initial unit obligation a unit agreement must contain?
(a) The unit agreement must:
(2) Specify the location and the minimum depth and/or geologic structure to which the initial unit well will be drilled; and
(c) If necessary to aid in the evaluation of drilling locations, BLM and the unit operator may agree to include types of exploration operations as part of the initial unit obligation. An example of such work is drilling temperature gradient wells.
(d) BLM will not consider any work done prior to unit approval for the purpose of meeting initial unit obligations.
- 43 CFR 3282.3 — When Must the Unit Operator Submit an Application for BLM Approval of a Proposed Initial Participating Area?
- 43 CFR 3281.7 — What Documents Must a Unit Operator Submit to BLM Before We Will Approve a Unit Agreement?
- 43 CFR 3281.4 — What Are the Size and Shape Requirements for a Unit Area?
- 43 CFR 3281.14 — What Minimum Requirements and Terms Must Be Incorporated Into the Unit Agreement?