43 CFR 3453.3-1 - Conditions for approval.
(a) No transfer of a lease shall be approved if:
(1) The transferee is not qualified to hold a lease or an interest in a lease under subpart 3472 of this title or under §§ 3420.1-3(b)(1)(iv) and 3420.1-3(b)(2)(ii) of this title;
(2) The lease bond is insufficient;
(3) The filing fee has not been submitted;
(4) The transferee would hold the lease in violation of the acreage requirements set out in subpart 3472 of this title;
(5) The transfer would create an overriding royalty or other interest in violation of § 3473.3-2 of this title;
(6) The lease account is not in good standing;
(7) The information required under § 3453.2-2(e) and (f) of this title has not been submitted; or
(8) The transferee is subject to the prohibition in § 3472.1-2(e) of this title.
(b) When the licensee proposes to transfer an exploration license, any other participating parties in the license shall be given the right of first refusal. If none of the participating parties wishes to assume the license, the license may be transferred if:
(1) The exploration bond is sufficient;
(2) The filing fee has been submitted; and
(3) The license account is in good standing.
(c) A preference right lease application may be transferred as a whole only to any party qualified to hold a lease under subpart 3472 of this title.