43 CFR 3503.37 - Is there a limit to the acreage of lands I can hold under permits and leases?
Yes. The limits are summarized in the following table:
|Commodity||Maximum acreage for a permit or lease||Maximum acreage of permits and leases in any one State||Maximum acreage in permits and leases nationwide|
|(a) Phosphate||2,560 acres||None||20,480 acres.|
|(b) Sodium||2,560 acres||5,120 acres (may be increased to 30,720 acres to facilitate an economic mine)||None.|
|(c) Potassium||2,560 acres||96,000 acres (larger if necessary for extraction of potassium from concentrated brines in connection with an existing mining operation)||None.|
|(d) Sulphur||640 acres||1,920 acres in 3 leases or permits||None.|
|(e) Gilsonite||5,120 acres||7,680 acres||None.|
|(f) Hardrock Minerals||2,560 acres||20,480 acres in permits and leases, 10,240 acres in leases, but can be increased to 20,480 if needed for orderly mine development||None.|
|(g) Asphalt||640 acres||2,560 acres||Only available in Oklahoma.|
Title 43 published on 08-Mar-2018 05:12
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 43 CFR Part 3500 after this date.
- 43 CFR 3510.15 — What Will BLM Do With My Application?
- 43 CFR 3505.15 — Is There an Acreage Limit for My Application?
- 43 CFR 3502.28 — If I Am an Association or a Partnership, What Information Must I Give BLM in My Qualifications Statement?
- 43 CFR 3502.29 — If I Am a Guardian or Trustee for a Trust Holding on Behalf of a Beneficiary, What Information Must I Give BLM in My Qualifications Statement?
- 43 CFR 3502.27 — If I Am an Individual, What Information Must I Give BLM in My Qualifications Statement?
- 43 CFR 3502.30 — If I Am a Corporation, What Information Must I Give BLM in My Qualifications Statement?