43 CFR Part 45, Subpart B - Hearing Process
subjgrpRepresentatives (§ 45.10)
subjgrpDocument Filing and Service (§§ 45.11 - 45.13)
subjgrpInitiation of Hearing Process (§§ 45.20 - 45.27)
- § 45.20 What supporting information must DOI provide with its preliminary conditions or prescriptions?
- § 45.21 How do I request a hearing?
- § 45.22 How do I file a notice of intervention and response?
- § 45.23 Will hearing requests be consolidated?
- § 45.24 Can a hearing process be stayed to allow for settlement discussions?
- § 45.25 How will the bureau respond to any hearing requests?
- § 45.26 What will DOI do with any hearing requests?
- § 45.27 What regulations apply to a case referred for a hearing?
subjgrpGeneral Provisions Related to Hearings (§§ 45.30 - 45.35)
- § 45.30 What will the Hearings Division do with a case referral?
- § 45.31 What are the powers of the ALJ?
- § 45.32 What happens if the ALJ becomes unavailable?
- § 45.33 Under what circumstances may the ALJ be disqualified?
- § 45.34 What is the law governing ex parte communications?
- § 45.35 What are the requirements for motions?
subjgrpPrehearing Conferences and Discovery (§§ 45.40 - 45.47)
- § 45.40 What are the requirements for prehearing conferences?
- § 45.41 How may parties obtain discovery of information needed for the case?
- § 45.42 When must a party supplement or amend information it has previously provided?
- § 45.43 What are the requirements for written interrogatories?
- § 45.44 What are the requirements for depositions?
- § 45.45 What are the requirements for requests for documents or tangible things or entry on land?
- § 45.46 What sanctions may the ALJ impose for failure to comply with discovery?
- § 45.47 What are the requirements for subpoenas and witness fees?
subjgrpHearing, Briefing, and Decision (§§ 45.50 - 45.60)
- § 45.50 When and where will the hearing be held?
- § 45.51 What are the parties' rights during the hearing?
- § 45.52 What are the requirements for presenting testimony?
- § 45.53 How may a party use a deposition in the hearing?
- § 45.54 What are the requirements for exhibits, official notice, and stipulations?
- § 45.55 What evidence is admissible at the hearing?
- § 45.56 What are the requirements for transcription of the hearing?
- § 45.57 Who has the burden of persuasion, and what standard of proof applies?
- § 45.58 When will the hearing record close?
- § 45.59 What are the requirements for post-hearing briefs?
- § 45.60 What are the requirements for the ALJ's decision?
Title 43 published on 2015-11-10
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 43 CFR Part 45 after this date.
Title 43 published on 2015-11-10.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 43.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.