44 CFR 204.52 - Application and approval procedures for a subgrant under a fire management assistance grant.
(a)Request for Fire Management Assistance.
(1) State, local, and tribal governments interested in applying for fire management assistance subgrants must submit a Request for Fire Management Assistance subgrant to the recipient in accordance with State procedures and within timelines set by the recipient, but no longer than 30 days after the close of the incident period.
(2) The recipient will review and forward the Request to the Regional Administrator for final review and determination. The recipient may also forward a recommendation for approval of the Request to the Regional Administrator when appropriate.
(b)Preparing a Project Worksheet.
(1) Once the Regional Administrator approves an applicant's Request for Fire Management Assistance, the Regional Administrator's staff may begin to work with the recipient and local staff to prepare Project Worksheets.
(3) The State will be the primary contact for transactions with and on behalf of the applicant.
(c)Submitting a Project Worksheet.
(4) Project Worksheets will not be accepted after the deadline in paragraph (c)(2) of this section has expired, or, if applicable, after an extension specified by the Regional Administrator in paragraph (c)(3) of this section has expired.
(5)$1,000 Project Worksheet minimum. When the costs reported are less than $1,000, that work is not eligible and FEMA will not approve that Project Worksheet. This minimum threshold does not apply to Project Worksheets submitted for the direct and indirect costs of administration of a fire grant, as defined in § 204.63.
Title 44 published on 2015-11-10
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 44 CFR Part 204 after this date.