45 CFR 225.2 - State plan requirements.
The State plan for financial assistance programs under titles I, X, XIV, or XVI (AABD) of the Social Security Act for Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands or for child welfare services under title IV-B of the Act must:
(a) Provide for the training and effective use of subprofessional staff as community service aides through part-time or full-time employment of persons of low income and, where applicable, of recipients and for that purpose will provide for:
(1) Such methods of recruitment and selection as will offer opportunity for full-time or part-time employment of persons of low income and little or no formal education, including employment of young and middle aged adults, older persons, and the physically and mentally disabled, and in the case of a State plan for financial assistance under title I, X, XIV, or XVI (AABD), of recipients: And will provide that such subprofessional positions are subject to merit system requirements, except where special exemption is approved on the basis of a State alternative plan for recruitment and selection among the disadvantaged of persons who have the potential ability fortraining and job performance to help assure achievement of program objectives;
(2) An administrative staffing plan to include the range of service personnel of which subprofessional staff are an integral part;
(3) A career service plan permitting persons to enter employment at the subprofessional level and, according to their abilities, through work experience, pre-service and in-service training and educational leave with pay, progress to positions of increasing responsibility and reward;
(4) An organized training program, supervision, and supportive services for subprofessional staff; and
(5) Annual progressive expansion of the plan to assure utilization of increasing numbers of subprofessional staff as community service aides, until an appropriate number and proportion of subprofessional staff to professional staff are achieved to make maximum use of subprofessionals in program operation.
(b) Provide for the use of nonpaid or partially paid volunteers in providing services and in assisting any advisory committees established by the State agency and for that purpose provide for:
(1) A position in which rests responsibility for the development, organization, and administration of the volunteer program, and for coordination of the program with related functions;
(2) Methods of recruitment and selection which will assure participation of volunteers of all income levels in planning capacities and service provision;
(4) Meeting the costs incident to volunteer service and assuring that no individual shall be deprived of the opportunity to serve because of the expenses involved in such service; and
(5) Annual progressive expansion of the numbers of volunteers utilized, until the volunteer program is adequate for the achievement of the agency's service goals.
[34 FR 1320, Jan. 28, 1969, as amended at 41 FR 12015, Mar. 23, 1976; 42 FR 60566, Nov. 28, 1977; 45 FR 56686, Aug. 25, 1980; 51 FR 9204, Mar. 18, 1986]
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 225.