45 CFR § 2507.4 - How are requests for records made?
(a) How made and addressed.
(1) Requests for Corporation records under the Act must be made in writing, and can be mailed, hand-delivered, or received by facsimile, to the FOIA Officer, Corporation for National and Community Service, 250 E Street SW., Washington, DC 20525. (See Appendix A for an example of a FOIA request.) All such requests, and the envelopes in which they are sent, must be plainly marked “FOIA Request”. Hand-delivered requests will be received between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on official holidays. Although the Corporation maintains offices throughout the continental United States, all FOIA requests must be submitted to the Corporation's Headquarters office in Washington, DC.
(2) Corporation records that are available in the Corporation's reading room will also be made available for public access through the Corporation's “electronic reading room” internet site. The following address is the Corporation's Internet Web site: http://www.nationalservice.gov.
(b) Request must adequately describe the records sought. A request must describe the records sought in sufficient detail to enable Corporation personnel to locate the records with reasonable effort, and without unreasonable burden to or disruption of Corporation operations. Among the kinds of identifying information which a requester may provide are the following:
(1) The name of the specific program within the Corporation which may have produced or may have custody of the record (e.g., AmeriCorps*State/National Direct, AmeriCorps*NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps), AmeriCorps*VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America), Learn and Serve America, National Senior Service Corps (NSSC), Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), Foster Grandparent Program (FGP), Senior Companion Program (SCP), and HUD Hope VI);
(2) The specific event or action, if any, to which the record pertains;
(3) The date of the record, or an approximate time period to which it refers or relates;
(4) The type of record (e.g. contract, grant or report);
(6) Citation to newspapers or other publications which refer to the record.
(c) Agreement to pay fees. The filing of a request under this section shall be deemed to constitute an agreement by the requester to pay all applicable fees, up to $25.00, unless a waiver of fees is sought in the request letter. When filing a request, a requester may agree to pay a greater amount, if applicable. (See § 2507.8 for further information on fees.)