46 CFR § 11.333 - Requirements to qualify for an STCW endorsement as second engineer officer on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of 750kW/1,000 HP or more and less than 3,000 kW/4,000 HP propulsion power (management level).
(1) Provide evidence of meeting the requirements for certification as OICEW, as well as serving for not less than 12 months as assistant engineer officer or engineer officer on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of not less than 750 kW/1,000 HP. Experience gained in the deck department may be creditable for up to 1 month of the total service requirements;
(3) Provide evidence of having satisfactorily completed approved training in the following areas:
(i) Engineroom resource management (ERM) if not completed at the operational level.
(ii) Leadership and managerial skills.
(iii) Management of electrical and electronic control equipment.
(b) For a renewal of an STCW endorsement as second engineer officer on vessels powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW/1,000 HP or more and less than 3,000 kW/4,000 HP propulsion power to be valid on or after January 1, 2017, each candidate must provide evidence of successful completion of approved training in the following:
(1) ERM if not completed at the operational level.
(2) Leadership and managerial skills.
(3) Management of electrical and electronic control equipment.
(c) The Coast Guard may exempt an applicant from meeting any individual knowledge, understanding, and proficiency required in Section A-III/3 of the STCW Code. These exemptions must be approved by the Coast Guard based upon vessel type. Under these circumstances, the credential may include a corresponding limitation.
Table 1 to § 11.333(d) - STCW Endorsement as Second Engineer Officer on Vessels Powered by Main Propulsion Machinery of 750 kW/1,000 HP or More and Less Than 3,000 kW/4,000 HP Propulsion Power
|Entry path from national endorsements||Sea service 1||Competence - STCW Table A-III/3 2||Training required
by this section 3
|First assistant engineer||None||Yes||Yes.|
|Second assistant engineer||None||Yes||Yes.|
|Third assistant engineer||12 months||Yes||Yes.|
|Assistant engineer (limited)||None||Yes||Yes.|
|Assistant engineer OSV||None||Yes||Yes.|
|Assistant engineer MODU||12 months||Yes||Yes.|