46 CFR 153.909 - Completing the Cargo Record Book and record retention: Categories A, B, C, and D.
(1) An NLS cargo is loaded.
(3) An NLS cargo is unloaded from a tank.
(6) Washings from a tank that last carried an NLS cargo are discharged to the sea.
(7) Tanks that last carried an NLS cargo are ballasted.
(8) Ballast water is discharged to the sea from a cargo tank that last carried an NLS.
(9) An NLS cargo or NLS residue is discharged to the sea by accident or except as allowed by this part.
(10) A Surveyor is present during an operation that this part requires the presence of a Surveyor.
(13) The concentration of a Category A NLS residue is measured under § 153.1120(a).
(14) Any discharge recording equipment required by § 153.481(b)(2) fails.
(b) The person in charge of the ship shall ensure that the Cargo Record Book is on board and readily available for inspection and copying by the Coast Guard and when the ship is a U.S. ship in the waters of a foreign country whose Administration is signatory to MARPOL 73/78, the authorities of that country.
(c) Each officer in charge of an operation listed under paragraph (a) of this section, and each Surveyor observing an operation that this part requires the presence of a Surveyor, shall attest to the accuracy and completeness of each Cargo Record Book entry concerning those operations by signing after each entry.
(d) After all the entries on a page of the Cargo Record Book are completed, and if the person in charge of the ship agrees with the entries, the person in charge of the ship shall sign the bottom of that page.
(e) The ship owner or operator shall ensure that -
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 153 after this date.
- 46 CFR 98.31-15 — Operating Requirements.
- 46 CFR 151.12-10 — Operation of Oceangoing Non-Self-Propelled Ships Carrying Category D NLS.
- 46 CFR 125.120 — Carriage of Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk by OSVs of Less Than 6,000 GT ITC (500 GRT if GT ITC Is Not Assigned).
- 33 CFR 151.39 — Operating Requirements: Category D NLS.