46 CFR 162.050-17 - Separator test rig.
(a) This section contains requirements for test rigs used in approval testing of separators. A diagram of a typical test rig is shown in Figure 162.050-17(a).
(b) Each mixture pump on a test rig must -
(1) Be a centrifugal pump capable of operating at 1,000 revolutions per minute or more;
(2) Have a delivery capacity of at least 1.5 times the maximum throughput at which the separator being tested is designed to operate;
(3) Have a maximum delivery pressure that is equal to or greater than the maximum influent pressure at which the separator is designed to operate; and
(4) Have either bypass piping to its suction side or a throttle valve or orifice on its discharge side.
(c) The inlet piping of the test rig must be sized so that -
(1) Influent water flows at a Reynolds Number of at least 10,000;
(2) The influent flow rate is between one and three meters per second; and
(3) Its length is at least 20 times its inside diameter.
(d) Each sample point on a test rig must meet the design requirements described in Figure 162.050-17(d) and must be in a vertical portion of the test rig piping.
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 162 after this date.