46 CFR 162.161-2 - Incorporation by reference.
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this subpart with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, the Coast Guard must publish a notice of change in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved material is available for inspection at Coast Guard Headquarters. Contact Commandant (CG-OES), Attn: Office of Operating and Environmental Standards, U.S. Coast Guard Stop 7509, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20593-7509. The material is also available from the sources indicated in this section, and is available from the sources listed below. It is also available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.
(b) International Maritime Organization (IMO), Publications Section, 4 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SR, United Kingdom, telephone 44 (0)20 7735 7611, www.imo.org.
(1) MSC/Circ. 848, Revised Guidelines for The Approval of Equivalent Fixed Gas Fire-Extinguishing Systems, as Referred to in SOLAS 74, for Machinery Spaces and Cargo Pump-Rooms (June 8, 1998), (“MSC/Circ. 848”), IBR approved for § 162.161-6.
(2) MSC.1/Circ. 1267, Amendments to Revised Guidelines for the Approval of Equivalent Fixed Gas Fire-Extinguishing Systems, as Referred to in SOLAS 74, for Machinery Spaces and Cargo Pump-Rooms (MSC/Circ. 848) (June 4, 2008), (“MSC.1/Circ. 1267”), IBR approved for § 162.161-6.
(c) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471, telephone 617-770-3000, http://www.nfpa.org.
(1) NFPA 2001, Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, 2008 Edition, (“NFPA 2001”), IBR approved for §§ 162.161-1 and 162.161-3.
(d) Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL), 333 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook, IL 60062, telephone 847-272-8800, www.ul.com.
(1) UL 2127, Standard for Safety forInert Gas Clean Agent Extinguishing System Units (Revised March 22, 2001), (“UL 2127”), IBR approved for §§ 162.161-5, 162.161-6 and 162.161-7.
(2) UL 2166, Standard for Safety for Halocarbon Clean Agent Extinguishing System Units (Revised March 22, 2001), (“UL 2166”), IBR approved for §§ 162.161-5, 162.161-6 and 162.161-7.
Title 46 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 162 after this date.