46 CFR 162.161-5 - Instruction manual for design, installation, operation, and maintenance.
(a) The manufacturer must prepare a system instruction manual for design, installation, operation, and maintenance of the system. The manual must be reviewed and accepted by an independent laboratory listed in 46 CFR 162.161-10 and approved by the Coast Guard under 46 CFR 159.005-13.
(b) The manual must include:
(1) The design information as required in the Design Manual as detailed in UL 2166 (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2) for halocarbon systems and UL 2127 (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2) for inert gas systems;
(2) Installation, operation, and maintenance instructions as required in the Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Instruction Manual detailed in UL 2166 for halocarbon systems and UL 2127 for inert gas systems;
(3) Identification of the computer program listed or approved by the independent laboratory for designing the system;
(4) A sample diagram and calculation for a marine system for a large inspected vessel with several spaces to be protected by the same system;
(5) The approval number issued by the Coast Guard for the system under 46 CFR 159.005-13;
(6) A parts list with manufacturer's part numbers and a description of each system component;
(7) An index of chapters; and
(8) Issue and revision dates for each page.
(c) The manufacturer of each system must provide at least one copy of the system manual with each system.
Title 46 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 162 after this date.