46 CFR 525.2 - Terminal schedules.
(a) Marine terminal operator schedules. A marine terminal operator, at its discretion, may make available to the public, subject to section 10(d) of the Act (46 U.S.C. 41102(c), 41103, 41106), a schedule of its rates, regulations, and practices.
(1) Limitations of liability. Any limitations of liability for cargo loss or damage pertaining to receiving, delivering, handling, or storing property at the marine terminal contained in a terminal schedule must be consistent with domestic law and international conventions and agreements adopted by the United States; such terminal schedules cannot contain provisions that exculpate or relieve marine terminal operators from liability for their own negligence, or that impose upon others the obligation to indemnify or hold-harmless the terminals from liability for their own negligence.
(2) Enforcement of terminal schedules. Any schedule that is made available to the public by the marine terminal operator shall be enforceable by an appropriate court as an implied contract between the marine terminal operator and the party receiving the services rendered by the marine terminal operator, without proof that such party has actual knowledge of the provisions of the applicable terminal schedule.
(3) Contracts for terminal services. If the marine terminal operator has an actual contract with a party covering the services rendered by the marine terminal operator to that party, an existing terminal schedule covering those same services shall not be enforceable as an implied contract.
(b) Cargo types not subject to this part.
(1) Except as set forth in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, this part does not apply to bulk cargo, forest products, recycled metal scrap, new assembled motor vehicles, waste paper and paper waste in terminal schedules.
(2) Marine terminal operators which voluntarily make available terminal schedules covering any of the commodities identified in paragraph (b)(1) of this section thereby subject their services with respect to those commodities to the requirements of this part.
(c) Marine terminal operator agreements. The regulations relating to agreements to which a marine terminal operator is a party are located at part 535 of this chapter.