47 CFR 15.19 - Labeling requirements.
(a) In addition to the requirements in part 2 of this chapter, a device subject to certification, or Supplier's Declaration of Conformity shall be labeled as follows:
(1) Receivers associated with the operation of a licensed radio service, e.g., FM broadcast under part 73 of this chapter, land mobile operation under part 90 of this chapter, etc., shall bear the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device:
(2) A stand-alone cable input selector switch, shall bear the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device:
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules for use with cable television service.
(3) All other devices shall bear the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device:
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
(4) Where a device is constructed in two or more sections connected by wires and marketed together, the statement specified under paragraph (a) of this section is required to be affixed only to the main control unit.
(5) When the device is so small or for such use that it is impracticable to label it with the statement specified under paragraph (a) of this section in a font that is four-point or larger, and the device does not have a display that can show electronic labeling, then the information required by this paragraph shall be placed in the user manual and must also either be placed on the device packaging or on a removable label attached to the device.
(d) Consumer electronics TV receiving devices, including TV receivers, videocassette recorders, and similar devices, that incorporate features intended to be used with cable television service, but do not fully comply with the technical standards for cable ready equipment set forth in § 15.118, shall not be marketed with terminology that describes the device as “cable ready” or “cable compatible,” or that otherwise conveys the impression that the device is fully compatible with cable service. Factual statements about the various features of a device that are intended for use with cable service or the quality of such features are acceptable so long as such statements do not imply that the device is fully compatible with cable service. Statements relating to product features are generally acceptable where they are limited to one or more specific features of a device, rather than the device as a whole. This requirement applies to consumer TV receivers, videocassette recorders and similar devices manufactured or imported for sale in this country on or after October 31, 1994.
- 47 CFR 15.3 — Definitions.
- 47 CFR 15.115 — TV Interface Devices, Including Cable System Terminal Devices.
- 47 CFR 15.706 — Information to the User.
- 47 CFR 15.118 — Cable Ready Consumer Electronics Equipment.
- 47 CFR 15.25 — Kits.
- 47 CFR 2.1077 — Compliance Information.
- 47 CFR 15.251 — Operation Within the Bands 2.9-3.26 GHz, 3.267-3.332 GHz, 3.339-3.3458 GHz, and 3.358-3.6 GHz.