47 CFR 20.5 - Citizenship.
(a) This rule implements section 310 of the Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. 310, regarding the citizenship of licensees in the commercial mobile radio services. Commercial mobile radio service authorizations may not be granted to or held by:
(1) Any foreign government or any representative thereof;
(2) Any alien or the representative of any alien;
(3) Any corporation organized under the laws of any foreign government;
(4) Any corporation of which more than one-fifth of the capital stock is owned of record or voted by aliens or their representatives or by a foreign government or representative thereof or by any corporation organized under the laws of a foreign country; or
(5) Any corporation directly or indirectly controlled by any other corporation of which more than one-fourth of the capital stock is owned of record or voted by aliens, their representatives, or by a foreign government or representative thereof, or by any corporation organized under the laws of a foreign country, if the Commission finds that the public interest will be served by the refusal or revocation of such license.
(b) The limits listed in paragraph (a) of this section may be exceeded by eligible individuals who held ownership interests on May 24, 1993, pursuant to the waiver provisions established in section 332(c)(6) of the Communications Act. Transfers of ownership to any other person in violation of paragraph (a) of this section are prohibited.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 20 after this date.