47 CFR 5.61 - Procedure for obtaining a special temporary authorization.
(1) An applicant may request a Special Temporary Authorization (STA) for operation of a conventional experimental radio service station during a period of time not to exceed 6 months.
(2) Applications for STA must be submitted electronically through the Office of Engineering and Technology Web site http://www.fcc.gov/els at least 10 days prior to the proposed operation. Applications filed less than 10 days prior to the proposed operation date will be accepted only upon a showing of good cause.
(3) In special situations, as defined in § 1.915(b)(1) of this chapter, a request for STA may be made by telephone or electronic media provided a properly signed application is filed within 10 days of such request.
(b) An application for STA shall contain the following information:
(1) Name, address, phone number (also email address and facsimile number, if available) of the applicant.
(2) Explanation of why an STA is needed.
(3) Description of the operation to be conducted and its purpose.
(4) Time and dates of proposed operation.
(5) Class(es) of station (e.g. fixed, mobile, or both) and call sign of station (if applicable).
(6) Description of the location(s) and, if applicable, geographical coordinates of the proposed operation.
(7) Equipment to be used, including name of manufacturer, model and number of units.
(8) Frequency (or frequency bands) requested.
(9) Maximum effective radiated power (ERP) or equivalent isotropically radiated power (EIRP).
(10) Emission designator (see § 2.201 of this chapter) or describe emission (bandwidth, modulation, etc.)
(11) Overall height of antenna structure above the ground (if greater than 6 meters above the ground or an existing structure, see part 17 of this chapter concerning notification to the FAA).
(c) Extensions of an STA may be granted provided that an application for a conventional experimental license that is consistent with the terms and conditions of that STA (i.e., there is no increase in interference potential to authorized services) has been filed at least 15 days prior to the expiration of the licensee's STA. When such an application is timely filed, operations may continue in accordance with the other terms and conditions of the STA pending disposition of the application, unless the applicant is notified otherwise by the Commission.
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 5 after this date.