47 CFR 63.505 - Contents of applications for any type of discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of telephone service not specifically provided for in this part.
The application shall contain:
(a) The name and address of each applicant;
(b) The name, title, and post office address of the officer to whom correspondence concerning the application is to be addressed;
(c) Nature of proposed discontinuance, reduction, or impairment;
(d) Identification of community or part of community involved and date on which applicant desires to make proposed discontinuance, reduction or impairment effective, if for a temporary period only, indicate the approximate period for which authorization is desired;
(e) Proposed new tariff listing, if any, and difference, if any, between present charges to the public and charges for the service to be substituted;
(f) Description of the service area affected including population and general character of business of the community;
(g) Name of any other carrier or carriers providing telephone service to the community;
(h) Statement of the reasons for proposed discontinuance, reduction, or impairment;
(i) Statement of the factors showing that neither present nor future public convenience and necessity would be adversely affected by the granting of the application;
(j) Description of any previous discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service to the community affected by the application, which has been made by the applicant during the 12 months preceding filing of application, and statement of any present plans for future discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service to such community;
(k) Description of the service involved, including:
(1) Existing telephone service by the applicant available to the community or part thereof involved;
(2) Telephone service (available from applicant or others) which would remain in the community or part thereof involved in the event the application is granted;
(l) A statement of the number of toll messages sent-paid and received-collect and the revenues from such traffic in connection with the service proposed to be discontinued, reduced, or impaired for each of the past 6 months; and, if the volume of such traffic handled in the area has decreased during recent years, the reasons therefor.
- 47 CFR 63.20 — Electronic Filing, Copies Required; Fees; And Filing Periods for International Service Providers.
- 47 CFR 63.62 — Type of Discontinuance, Reduction, or Impairment of Telephone or Telegraph Service Requiring Formal Application.
- 47 CFR 63.602 — Additional Contents of Applications to Discontinue, Reduce, or Impair an Existing Retail Service as Part of a Technology Transition.