48 CFR § 15.604 - Agency points of contact.
(a) Preliminary contact with agency technical or other appropriate personnel before preparing a detailed unsolicited proposal or submitting proprietary information to the Government may save considerable time and effort for both parties (see 15.201). Agencies must make available to potential offerors of unsolicited proposals at least the following information:
(3) Guidance on preferred methods for submitting ideas/concepts to the Government, such as any agency: upcoming solicitations; Broad Agency Announcements; Small Business Innovation Research programs; Small Business Technology Transfer Research programs; Program Research and Development Announcements; or grant programs.
(4) Agency points of contact for information regarding advertising, contributions, and other types of transactions similar to unsolicited proposals.
(5) Information sources on agency objectives and areas of potential interest.
(6) Procedures for submission and evaluation of unsolicited proposals.
(7) Instructions for identifying and marking proprietary information so that it is protected and restrictive legends conform to 15.609.
(b) Only the cognizant contracting officer has the authority to bind the Government regarding unsolicited proposals.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.