48 CFR 19.000 - Scope of part.
(a) This part implements the acquisition-related sections of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 631, et seq.), applicable sections of the Armed Services Procurement Act (10 U.S.C. 2302, et seq.), 41 U.S.C. 3104, and Executive Order 12138, May 18, 1979. It covers -
(1) The determination that a concern is eligible for participation in the programs identified in this part;
(2) The respective roles of executive agencies and the Small Business Administration (SBA) in implementing the programs;
(3) Setting acquisitions aside for exclusive competitive participation by small business, 8(a) business development participants, HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and economically disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB) concerns and women-owned small business (WOSB) concerns eligible under the WOSB Program;
(4) The certificate of competency program;
(5) The subcontracting assistance program;
(6) The “8(a)” business development program (hereafter referred to as 8(a) program), under which agencies contract with the SBA for goods or services to be furnished under a subcontract by a small disadvantaged business concern;
(7) The use of a price evaluation preference for HUBZone small business concerns;
(8) The use of veteran-owned small business concerns; and
(b) This part, except for subpart 19.6, applies only in the United States or its outlying areas. Subpart 19.6 applies worldwide.
Title 48 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 19 after this date.