(a) This part implements the acquisition-related sections of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 631, et seq.), applicable sections of the Armed Services Procurement Act (10 U.S.C. 2302, et seq.), the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act (41 U.S.C. 252), section 7102 of the Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act of 1994 (Public Law 103-355), 10 U.S.C. 2323, and Executive Order 12138, May 18, 1979. It covers—
(1) The determination that a concern is eligible for participation in the programs identified in this part;
(2) The respective roles of executive agencies and the Small Business Administration (SBA) in implementing the programs;
(3) Setting acquisitions aside for exclusive competitive participation by small business, 8(a) business development participants, HUBZone small business concerns, service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, and economically disadvantaged women-owned small business concerns and women-owned small business concerns eligible under the Women-Owned Small Business Program;
(4) The certificate of competency program;
(5) The subcontracting assistance program;
(6) The “8(a)” business development program (hereafter referred to as 8(a) program), under which agencies contract with the SBA for goods or services to be furnished under a subcontract by a small disadvantaged business concern;
(7) The use of women-owned small business concerns;
(8) The use of a price evaluation adjustment for small disadvantaged business concerns, and the use of a price evaluation preference for HUBZone small business concerns;
(9) The Small Disadvantaged Business Participation Program;
(11) The use of veteran-owned small business concerns; and
(12) Sole source awards to HUBZone small business and service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns.
(b) This part, except for subpart 19.6, applies only in the United States or its outlying areas. Subpart 19.6 applies worldwide.