48 CFR 5.207 - Preparation and transmittal of synopses.
(a)Content. Each synopsis transmitted to the GPE must address the following data elements, as applicable:
(1) Action Code.
(4) Contracting Office Zip Code.
(5) Product or Service Code.
(6) Contracting Office Address.
(8) Proposed Solicitation Number.
(9) Closing Response Date.
(10) Contact Point or Contracting Officer.
(11) Contract Award and Solicitation Number.
(12) Contract Award Dollar Amount.
(13) Line Item Number.
(14) Contract Award Date.
(17) Place of Contract Performance.
(18) Set-aside Status.
(b)Transmittal. Transmissions to the GPE must be in accordance with the interface description available via the Internet at http://www.fedbizopps.gov.
(c)General format for “Description.” Prepare a clear and concise description of the supplies or services that is not unnecessarily restrictive of competition and will allow a prospective offeror to make an informed business judgment as to whether a copy of the solicitation should be requested including the following, as appropriate:
(1) National Stock Number (NSN) if assigned.
(2) Specification and whether an offeror, its product, or service must meet a qualification requirement in order to be eligible for award, and identification of the office from which additional information about the qualification requirement may be obtained (see subpart 9.2).
(3) Manufacturer, including part number, drawing number, etc.
(4) Size, dimensions, or other form, fit or functional description.
(5) Predominant material of manufacture.
(6) Quantity, including any options for additional quantities.
(7) Unit of issue.
(8) Destination information.
(9) Delivery schedule.
(10) Duration of the contract period.
(11) Sustainable acquisition requirements (or a description of high-performance sustainable building practices required, if for design, construction, renovation, repair, or deconstruction) (see parts 23 or 36).
(12) For a proposed contract action in an amount estimated to be greater than $25,000 but not greater than the simplified acquisition threshold, enter -
(i) A description of the procedures to be used in awarding the contract (e.g., request for oral or written quotation or solicitation); and
(ii) The anticipated award date.
(13) For Architect-Engineer projects and other projects for which the product or service codes are insufficient, provide brief details with respect to: location, scope of services required, cost range and limitations, type of contract, estimated starting and completion dates, and any significant evaluation factors.
(i) If the solicitation will include the FAR clause at 52.225-3, Buy American-Free Trade Agreements-Israeli Trade Act, or an equivalent agency clause, insert the following notice in the synopsis: “One or more of the items under this acquisition is subject to Free Trade Agreements.”
(ii) If the solicitation will include the FAR clause at 52.225-5, Trade Agreements, or an equivalent agency clause, insert the following notice in the synopsis: “One or more of the items under this acquisition is subject to the World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement and Free Trade Agreements.”
(iii) If the solicitation will include the FAR clause at 52.225-11, Buy American-Construction Materials under Trade Agreements, 52.225-23, Required Use of American Iron, Steel, and Manufactured Goods - Buy American Statute - Construction Materials under Trade Agreements, or an equivalent agency clause, insert the following notice in the synopsis: “One or more of the items under this acquisition is subject to the World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement and Free Trade Agreements.”
(15) In the case of noncompetitive contract actions (including those that do not exceed the simplified acquisition threshold), identify the intended source and insert a statement of the reason justifying the lack of competition.
(i) Except when using the sole source authority at 6.302-1, insert a statement that all responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.
(ii) When using the sole source authority at 6.302-1, insert a statement that all responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the agency.
(17) If solicitations synopsized through the GPE will not be made available through the GPE, provide information on how to obtain the solicitation.
(18) If the solicitation will be made available to interested parties through electronic data interchange, provide any information necessary to obtain and respond to the solicitation electronically.
(19) If the technical data required to respond to the solicitation will not be furnished as part of such solicitation, identify the source in the Government, such as http://www.fedbizopps.gov, from which the technical data may be obtained.
(d)Set-asides. When the proposed acquisition provides for a total or partial small business program set-aside, or when the proposed acquisition provides for a local area set-aside (see Subpart 26.2), the contracting officer shall identify the type of set-aside in the synopsis and in the solicitation.
(e)Codes to be used in Synopses to identify services or supplies. Contracting officers must use one of the classification codes identified at http://www.fedbizopps.gov/ to identify services or supplies in synopses.
(f)Notice of solicitation cancellation. Contracting officers may publish notices of solicitation cancellations (or indefinite suspensions) of proposed contract actions in the GPE.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 5 after this date.
- 48 CFR 12.603 — Streamlined Solicitation for Commercial Items.
- 48 CFR 5.101 — Methods of Disseminating Information.
- 48 CFR 25.408 — Procedures.
- 48 CFR 5.302 — Preparation and Transmittal of Synopses of Awards.
- 48 CFR 5.202 — Exceptions.
- 48 CFR 14.503-2 — Step Two.
- 48 CFR 605.207-70 — Acquisitions Available From Only One Responsible Source.
- 48 CFR 1405.207 — Preparation and Transmittal of Synopses.
- 48 CFR 5.704 — Publicizing Preaward.
- 48 CFR 5.705 — Publicizing Postaward.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 48.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.