48 CFR 6.302-7 - Public interest.
(2) Full and open competition need not be provided for when the agency head determines that it is not in the public interest in the particular acquisition concerned.
(b)Application. This authority may be used when none of the other authorities in 6.302 apply.
(1) A written determination to use this authority shall be made in accordance with subpart 1.7, by (i) the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of the Navy, the Secretary of the Air Force, the Secretary of Homeland Security for the Coast Guard, or the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration; or (ii) the head of any other executive agency. This authority may not be delegated.
(2) The Congress shall be notified in writing of such determination not less than 30 days before award of the contract.
(3) If required by the head of the agency, the contracting officer shall prepare a justification to support the determination under paragraph (c)(1) above.
(4) This Determination and Finding (D & F) shall not be made on a class basis.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 6 after this date.
- 48 CFR 6.303-1 — Requirements.
- 48 CFR 2806.302-70 — Determination and Findings.
- 48 CFR 701.601 — General.
- 48 CFR 1513.170-1 — Contents of Sole Source Justifications.
- 48 CFR 5.202 — Exceptions.
- 48 CFR 606.302-7 — Public Interest.
- 48 CFR 6.304 — Approval of the Justification.
- 48 CFR 6.302-1 — Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements.