48 CFR 8.405-5 - Small business.
(1) Ordering activity contracting officers may, at their discretion -
(i) Set aside orders for any of the small business concerns identified in 19.000(a)(3); and
(ii) Set aside BPAs for any of the small business concerns identified in 19.000(a)(3).
(2) When setting aside orders and BPAs -
(ii) The specific small business program eligibility requirements identified in part 19 apply.
(b) Orders placed against schedule contracts may be credited toward the ordering activity's small business goals. For purposes of reporting an order placed with a small business schedule contractor, an ordering agency may only take credit if the awardee meets a size standard that corresponds to the work performed. Ordering activities should rely on the small business representations made by schedule contractors at the contract level.
(c) Ordering activities may consider socio-economic status when identifying contractor(s) for consideration or competition for award of an order or BPA. At a minimum, ordering activities should consider, if available, at least one small business, veteran-owned small business, service disabled veteran-owned small business, HUBZone small business, women-owned small business, or small disadvantaged business schedule contractor(s). GSA Advantage! and Schedules e-Library at http://www.gsa.gov/fas contain information on the small business representations of Schedule contractors.
(d) For orders exceeding the micro-purchase threshold, ordering activities should give preference to the items of small business concerns when two or more items at the same delivered price will satisfy the requirement.
- 48 CFR 19.1407 — Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 52.219-27 — Notice of Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Set-Aside.
- 48 CFR 19.1309 — Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 8.404 — Use of Federal Supply Schedules.
- 48 CFR 19.1507 — Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 52.219-3 — Notice of HUBZone Set-Aside or Sole Source Award.
- 48 CFR 52.219-6 — Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside.
- 48 CFR 52.219-30 — Notice of Set-Aside For, or Sole Source Award To, Women-Owned Small Business Concerns Eligible Under the Women-Owned Small Business Program.
- 48 CFR 19.811-3 — Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 19.502-4 — Multiple-Award Contracts and Small Business Set-Asides.
- 48 CFR 38.101 — General.
- 48 CFR 52.219-29 — Notice of Set-Aside For, or Sole Source Award To, Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business Concerns.
- 48 CFR 8.405-3 — Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs).
- 48 CFR 19.508 — Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 52.219-14 — Limitations on Subcontracting.
- 48 CFR 8.405-1 — Ordering Procedures for Supplies, and Services Not Requiring a Statement of Work.