49 CFR 1572.9 - Applicant information required for HME security threat assessment.
An applicant must supply the information required in this section, in a form acceptable to TSA, when applying to obtain or renew an HME. When applying to transfer an HME from one State to another, 49 CFR 1572.13(e) applies.
(a) Except as provided in (a)(12) through (16), the applicant must provide the following identifying information:
(1) Legal name, including first, middle, and last; any applicable suffix; and any other name used previously.
(2) Current and previous mailing address, current residential address if it differs from the current mailing address, and e-mail address if available. If the applicant prefers to receive correspondence and notification via e-mail, the applicant should so state.
(3) Date of birth.
(5) Height, weight, hair color, and eye color.
(6) City, state, and country of birth.
(7) Immigration status and, if the applicant is a naturalized citizen of the United States, the date of naturalization.
(8) Alien registration number, if applicable.
(10) Name, telephone number, facsimile number, and address of the applicant's current employer(s), if the applicant's work for the employer(s) requires an HME. If the applicant's current employer is the U.S. military service, include branch of the service.
(12) Social security number. Providing the social security number is voluntary; however, failure to provide it will delay and may prevent completion of the threat assessment.
(13) Passport number. This information is voluntary and may expedite the adjudication process for applicants who are U.S. citizens born abroad.
(15) Whether the applicant has previously completed a TSA threat assessment, and if so the date and program for which it was completed. This information is voluntary and may expedite the adjudication process for applicants who have completed a TSA security threat assessment.
(16) Whether the applicant currently holds a federal security clearance, and if so, the date of and agency for which the clearance was performed. This information is voluntary and may expedite the adjudication process for applicants who have completed a federal security threat assessment.
(b) The applicant must provide a statement, signature, and date of signature that he or she -
(1) Was not convicted, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, of a disqualifying crime listed in 49 CFR 1572.103(b), in a civilian or military jurisdiction, during the seven years before the date of the application, or is applying for a waiver;
(2) Was not released from incarceration, in a civilian or military jurisdiction, for committing a disqualifying crime listed in 49 CFR 1572.103(b), during the five years before the date of the application, or is applying for a waiver;
(3) Is not wanted, or under indictment, in a civilian or military jurisdiction, for a disqualifying criminal offense identified in 49 CFR 1572.103, or is applying for a waiver;
(4) Was not convicted, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, of a disqualifying criminal offense identified in 49 CFR 1572.103(a), in a civilian or military jurisdiction, or is applying for a waiver;
(6) Meets the immigration status requirements described in 49 CFR 1572.105;
(7) Has or has not served in the military, and if so, the branch in which he or she served, the date of discharge, and the type of discharge; and
(8) Has been informed that Federal regulations, under 49 CFR 1572.11, impose a continuing obligation on the HME holder to disclose to the State if he or she is convicted, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, of a disqualifying crime, adjudicated as lacking mental capacity, or committed to a mental health facility.
(c) The applicant must certify and date receipt the following statement:
Privacy Act Notice: Authority: The authority for collecting this information is 49 U.S.C. 114, 40113, and 5103a. Purpose: This information is needed to verify your identity and to conduct a security threat assessment to evaluate your suitability for a hazardous materials endorsement for a commercial driver's license. Furnishing this information, including your SSN or alien registration number, is voluntary; however, failure to provide it will delay and may prevent completion of your security threat assessment. Routine Uses: Routine uses of this information include disclosure to the FBI to retrieve your criminal history record; to TSA contractors or other agents who are providing services relating to the security threat assessments; to appropriate governmental agencies for licensing, law enforcement, or security purposes, or in the interests of national security; and to foreign and international governmental authorities in accordance with law and international agreement.
(d) The applicant must certify and date receipt the following statement, immediately before the signature line:
The information I have provided on this application is true, complete, and correct, to the best of my knowledge and belief, and is provided in good faith. I understand that a knowing and willful false statement, or an omission of a material fact on this application can be punished by fine or imprisonment or both (See section 1001 of Title 18 United States Code), and may be grounds for denial of a hazardous materials endorsement.
(e) The applicant must certify the following statement in writing:
I acknowledge that if the Transportation Security Administration determines that I pose a security threat, my employer, as listed on this application, may be notified. If TSA or other law enforcement agency becomes aware of an imminent threat to a maritime facility or vessel, TSA may provide limited information necessary to reduce the risk of injury or damage to the facility or vessel.
- 49 CFR 171.12 — North American Shipments.
- 49 CFR 1572.13 — State Responsibilities for Issuance of Hazardous Materials Endorsement.
- 49 CFR 1572.15 — Procedures for HME Security Threat Assessment.
- 49 CFR 1572.11 — Applicant Responsibilities for HME Security Threat Assessment.
- 49 CFR 1515.7 — Procedures for Waiver of Criminal Offenses, Immigration Status, or Mental Capacity Standards.