49 CFR 1580.101 - Rail security coordinator.
(a) Applicability. This section applies to:
(2) Each rail hazardous materials shipper.
(5) Each operator of private cars, including business/office cars and circus trains, on or connected to the general railroad system of transportation, when notified by TSA in writing, that a threat exists concerning that operation.
(c) The RSC and alternate(s) must be appointed at the corporate level.
(d) Each freight railroad carrier, rail hazardous materials shipper, and rail hazardous materials receiver required to have an RSC must provide to TSA the names, title, phone number(s), and e-mail address(es) of the RSCs and alternate RSCs, and must notify TSA within 7 calendar days when any of this information changes.
(1) Serves as the primary contact for intelligence information and security-related activities and communications with TSA. Any individual designated as an RSC may perform other duties in addition to those described in this section;
(2) Is available to TSA on a 24-hours a day, 7 days a week basis; and
(3) Coordinates security practices and procedures with appropriate law enforcement and emergency response agencies.