49 CFR 175.30 - Inspecting shipments.
(1) Authorized, and is within the quantity limitations specified for carriage aboard aircraft according to § 172.101 of this subchapter or as otherwise specifically provided by this subchapter.
(2) Described and certified on a shipping paper prepared in duplicate in accordance with part 172 of this subchapter or as authorized by subpart C of part 171 of this subchapter. See § 175.33 for shipping paper retention requirements;
(3) Marked and labeled in accordance with subparts D and E of part 172 or as authorized by subpart C of part 171 of this subchapter, and placarded (when required) in accordance with subpart F of part 172 of this subchapter; and
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (d) of this section, no person may carry a hazardous material in a package, outside container, or overpack aboard an aircraft unless the package, outside container, or overpack is inspected by the operator of the aircraft immediately before placing it:
(1) Aboard the aircraft; or
(2) In a unit load device or on a pallet prior to loading aboard the aircraft.
(1) Has no holes, leakage or other indication that its integrity has been compromised; and
(d) The requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section do not apply to Dry ice (carbon dioxide, solid).
- 49 CFR 175.33 — Shipping Paper and Notification of Pilot-In-Command.
- 49 CFR 171.22 — Authorization and Conditions for the Use of International Standards and Regulations.
- 49 CFR 172.204 — Shipper's Certification.
- 49 CFR 175.31 — Reports of Discrepancies.
- 49 CFR 172.512 — Freight Containers and Aircraft Unit Load Devices.