§ 191.5 Immediate notice of certain incidents.
(a) At the earliest practicable moment following discovery, each operator shall give notice in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section of each incident as defined in § 191.3.
(b) Each notice required by paragraph (a) of this section must be made to the National Response Center either by telephone to 800-424-8802 (in Washington, DC, 202 267-2675) or electronically at http://www.nrc.uscg.mil and must include the following information:
(1) Names of operator and person making report and their telephone numbers.
(2) The location of the incident.
(3) The time of the incident.
(4) The number of fatalities and personal injuries, if any.
(5) All other significant facts that are known by the operator that are relevant to the cause of the incident or extent of the damages.
[Amdt. 191-4, 47 FR 32720
, July 29, 1982, as amended by Amdt. 191-5, 49 FR 18960
, May 3, 1984; Amdt. 191-8, 54 FR 40878
, Oct. 4, 1989; 75 FR 72905
, Nov. 26, 2010]