49 CFR 371.115 - Must I maintain agreements with motor carriers before providing written estimates on behalf of these carriers?
(a) In order to provide estimates of charges for the transportation of household goods, you must do so in accordance with the written agreement required by § 375.409 of this subchapter. Your written agreement with the motor carrier(s) must include the following items:
(3) A concise, easy to understand statement that your written estimate to the individual shipper:
(i) Will be exclusively on behalf of the authorized household goods motor carrier;
(ii) Will be based on the authorized household goods motor carrier's published tariff; and
(iii) Will serve as the authorized household goods motor carrier's estimate for purposes of complying with the requirements of part 375 of this chapter, including the requirement that the authorized household goods motor carrier relinquishes possession of the shipment upon payment of no more than 110 percent of a non-binding estimate at the time of delivery;
(4) Your owner's, corporate officer's, or corporate director's signature lawfully representing your household goods broker operation and the date;
(5) The signature of the authorized household goods motor carrier's owner, corporate officer, or corporate director lawfully representing the household goods motor carrier's operation and the date; and
(b) The signed written agreement required by this section is public information and you must produce it for review upon reasonable request by a member of the public.
(c) You must keep copies of the agreements required by this section for as long as you provide estimates on behalf of the authorized household goods motor carrier and for three years thereafter.
- 49 CFR 371.113 — May I Provide Individual Shippers With a Written Estimate?
- 49 CFR 371.107 — What Information Must I Display in My Advertisements and Internet Web Homepage?
- 49 CFR 371.111 — Must I Provide Individual Shippers With Federal Consumer Protection Information?
- 49 CFR 375.409 — May Household Goods Brokers Provide Estimates?