49 CFR 375.519 - Must I obtain weight tickets?
(a) You must obtain weight tickets whenever we require you to weigh the shipment in accordance with this subpart. You must obtain a separate weight ticket for each weighing. The weigh master must sign each weight ticket. Each weight ticket must contain the following six items:
(1) The complete name and location of the scale.
(2) The date of each weighing.
(3) The identification of the weight entries as being the tare, gross, or net weights.
(4) The company or carrier identification of the vehicle.
(5) The last name of the individual shipper as it appears on the bill of lading.
(6) The carrier's shipment registration or bill of lading number.
(b) When both weighings are performed on the same scale, one weight ticket may be used to record both weighings.
(c) As part of the file on the shipment, you must retain the original weight ticket or tickets relating to the determination of the weight of a shipment.
(d) All freight bills you present to an individual shipper must include true copies of all weight tickets obtained in the determination of the shipment weight in order to collect any shipment charges dependent upon the weight transported.