49 CFR 501.7 - Administrator's reservations of authority.
The delegations of authority in this part do not extend to the following authority which is reserved to the Administrator and, in those instances when the office of the Administrator is vacant due to death or resignation, or when the Administrator is absent as provided by § 501.5(a), to the Deputy Administrator or Executive Director:
(2) Make final decisions concerning alleged safety-related defects and noncompliances with Federal motor vehicle safety standards;
(4) Grant or deny appeals from determinations upon petitions for inconsequential defect or noncompliance.
(1) Apportion authorization amounts and distribute obligation limitations for State and community highway safety programs under 23 U.S.C. 402;
(2) Approve the initial awarding of alcohol incentive grants to the States authorized under 23 U.S.C. 408, and drunk driving prevention grants to the States authorized under 23 U.S.C. 410;
(3) Issue, amend, or revoke uniform State and community highway safety guidelines, and, with the concurrence of the Federal Highway Administrator, designate priority highway safety programs, under 23 U.S.C. 402;
(4) Fix the rate of compensation for non-government members of agency sponsored committees which are entitled to compensation.
(1) Issue, amend, or revoke final rules and regulations, except for final rules issued under section 32902(d); and
(d) The authority under sections 141, 153, 154 and 158 of Title 23 of the United States Code, with the concurrence of the Federal Highway Administrator, to disapprove any State certification or to impose any sanction or transfer on a State for violations of the National Maximum Speed Limit, Safety Belt and Motorcycle Helmet Use Requirements, or the National Minimum Drinking Age.
[60 FR 43030, Aug. 18, 1995]
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.