49 CFR 800.22 - Delegation to the Managing Director.
(a) The Board delegates to the Managing Director the authority to:
(1) Make the final determination, on appeal, as to whether to withhold a Board record from inspection or copying, pursuant to Part 801 of this chapter.
(2) Approve for publication in the Federal Register notices concerning issuance of accident reports and safety recommendations and responses to safety recommendations, as required by sections 304(a)(2) and 307 of the Independent Safety Board Act of 1974 (49 U.S.C. 1131(d) and 1135(c)).
(b) The Chairman delegates to the Managing Director the authority to exercise and carry out, subject to the direction and supervision of the Chairman, the following functions vested in the Chairman:
(1) The appointment and supervision of personnel employed by the Board;
(2) The distribution of business among such personnel and among organizational components of the Board; and
(3) The use and expenditure of funds.