49 CFR Appendix Table 4 to Subpart B of Part 224 - Alternative Schedule for Application of Retroreflective Material to Locomotives per § 224.107(b)(2)(ii)
|November 28, 2007||40|
|November 28, 2008||60|
|November 28, 2009||80|
|November 28, 2010||100|
1Column (A) indicates the date by which the minimum percentage of an owner's locomotives specified in column (B) must be equipped with retroreflective sheeting conforming to this part.
(A) The designated locomotive fleet shall be equipped with retroreflective sheeting according to the requirements of this paragraph (b)(2)(ii);
(B) No later than January 28, 2008, the freight rolling stock owner shall submit to FRA an updated Reflectorization Implementation Compliance Report showing which locomotives of the fleet subject to this part were equipped with retroreflective sheeting as required by this part during the initial 24 month implementation period. Updated Reflectorization Implementation Compliance Reports shall be submitted annually, no later than December 31 of each year, for the duration of the 5-year implementation period. See Appendix B of this part.
(C) If, following the conclusion of the initial 24-month period or any 12-month period thereafter, the percentage requirements of this section have not been met -
(1) The freight rolling stock owner shall be considered in violation of this part;
(2) The freight rolling stock owner shall, within 60 days after the close of the period, report the failure to the Associate Administrator;
(3) The requirements of paragraph (b)(2)(i) shall apply to all locomotives subject to this part in the freight rolling stock owner's fleet; and
(4) The fleet owner shall take such additional action as may be necessary to achieve future compliance.
(D) Locomotives to be retired shall be included in the fleet total until they are retired.
(3) Existing locomotives with retroreflective sheeting. If as of October 28, 2005, a locomotive is equipped on each side with at least one square foot of retroreflective sheeting, that locomotive shall be considered in compliance with this part for through November 28, 2015, provided the existing material is not unqualified retroreflective sheeting, and provided the freight rolling stock owner files a Reflectorization Implementation Compliance Report with FRA no later than January 26, 2006, identifying the cars already so equipped. See appendix B of this part. If, as of October 28, 2005, a locomotive is equipped with unqualified retroreflective sheeting, the locomotive will be considered in compliance with this part through November 28, 2015, provided the locomotive is equipped with a minimum of 3 square feet of retroreflective material on each side and provided the freight rolling stock owner files a Reflectorization Implementation Compliance Report with FRA no later than January 26, 2006, identifying the locomotives already so equipped. See appendix B of this part.
(4) Each railroad that has fewer than 400,000 annual employee work hours as of the end of calendar year 2004, and does not share locomotive power with another railroad with 400,000 or more annual employee work hours, may bring its locomotive fleet into compliance according to the following schedule: fifty percent of the railroad's locomotives must be retrofitted pursuant to § 224.106(b) by October 28, 2010, and one hundred percent must be retrofitted pursuant to § 224.106(b) by October 28, 2015. If a railroad with fewer than 400,000 annual employee work hours shares locomotive power with a railroad with 400,000 or more annual employee work hours, the smaller railroad must comply with the requirements of paragraphs (b)(2) and (3) of this section.