5 CFR 315.607 - Noncompetitive appointment of present and former Peace Corps personnel.
(a) An agency in the executive branch may appoint noncompetitively, for other than temporary appointment, an individual:
(1) Who has completed no less than 36 months of continuous service without a break in service of 3 days or more under section 7(a) of the Peace Corps Act ( 22 U.S.C. 2506) which pertains to the appointment of Peace Corps staff (not volunteers);
(2) Whom the Director of the Peace Corps certifies as having satisfactorily served under such an appointment; and
(3) Who meets OPM qualification standards - including any written test requirements - for the position in question.
(4) Who is not a Peace Corps volunteer as this paragraph does not apply to Peace Corps volunteers.
(1) An individual's eligibility under this section extends through September 30, 1982, or until 3 years after separation from qualifying service with the Peace Corps, whichever is later.
(2) An agency may not extend this period.
(c)Conditions. Any law, Executive order, or regulation which disqualifies an applicant for appointment in the competitive service also disqualifies an applicant for appointment under this section.
(d)Acquisition of competitive status. A person appointed under paragraph (a) of this section acquires competitive status automatically upon completion of probation.
(e)Tenure on appointment.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 315 after this date.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 5.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.