5 CFR 330.202 - Definitions.
In this subpart:
Competitive area means a competitive area as described in § 351.402 of this chapter.
Competitive service appointment includes new appointments, reinstatements, reemployment, and transfers as defined in § 210.102 of this chapter, and conversions as defined in OPM's “Guide to Processing Personnel Actions.”
Injury, in relation to the RPL, has the meaning given that term in § 353.102 of this chapter.
Overseas has the meaning given that term in § 210.102 of this chapter.
Qualified refers to an RPL registrant who:
(1) Meets OPM-established or -approved qualification standards and requirements for the position, including minimum educational requirements, and agency-established selective factors (as this term is used in OPM's “Operating Manual: Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions”);
(2) Will not cause an undue interruption, as defined in § 351.203 of this chapter, that would prevent the completion of required work by the registrant 90 days after the registrant is placed in the position;
(3) Is physically qualified, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform the duties of the position;
(4) Meets any special OPM-approved qualifying conditions for the position; and
(5) Meets any other applicable requirements for competitive service appointment.
RPL eligible means a current or former employee of the agency who meets the conditions in either paragraph (a) or (b) of § 330.203. As used in this subpart, “RPL eligible” and “eligible” are synonymous.
RPL placement priority candidate means an RPL registrant who is qualified and available for a specific agency vacancy.
RPL registrant means an RPL eligible who submitted a timely RPL application and who is registered on the agency's RPL. As used in this subpart, “RPL registrant” and “registrant” are synonymous.
Vacancy means any vacant position to be filled by a competitive service permanent or time-limited appointment.