An employee must meet the conditions in either paragraph (a) or (b) of this section to be an RPL eligible.
(a) For eligibility based on part 351 of this chapter, the employee:
(1) Must be serving in an appointment in the competitive service in tenure group I or II;
(2) Must have received either a specific notice of separation or a Certification of Expected Separation under part 351 of this chapter that has not been cancelled, rescinded, or modified so that the employee is no longer under notice of separation;
(4) Must not have declined an offer under part 351, subpart G, of this chapter of a position with the same type of work schedule and with a representative rate at least as high as that of the position from which the employee will be separated.
(b) For eligibility based on part 353 of this chapter, the employee or former employee:
(1) Must be serving in, or separated from, an appointment in the competitive service in tenure group I or II;
(2) Must either have accepted a position at a lower grade or pay level in lieu of separation or have been separated because of a compensable injury or disability. (For the purposes of this subpart, any reference to the position from which an individual was or will be separated includes the position from which the RPL eligible accepted the lower graded or pay level position under this paragraph.);
(3) Must have fully recovered more than 1 year after compensation began; and
(4) Must have received notification from the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs, Department of Labor, that injury compensation benefits have ceased or will cease.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.