5 CFR 352.907 - Exercise or termination of reemployment rights.
(a) Exercise. An individual who has been transferred under this subpart to the Commission and wishes to be reemployed must apply in writing to the former employing agency. The time limits for application for reemployment are -
(1) No later than 30 calendar days after the expiration of the term of employment with the Commission;
(2) No later than 30 calendar days after receipt of notice of involuntary separation during the term of employment with the Commission; or
(3) No later than 30 calendar days after resignation with the consent of the Commission.
(b) Termination. Reemployment rights terminate if the individual -
(1) Fails to apply within the time limits stated in paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) Resigns without the written consent of the Commission; or
(3) Within 10 calendar days, fails to accept an offer of reemployment made under § 352.908 that is determined to be a proper offer of reemployment by the reemploying agency or by the Merit Systems Protection Board on appeal.