5 CFR 470.309 - Public hearing.
(a) Notice of public hearing. OPM shall hold a public hearing no less than 30 days after the date of its notice in the Federal Register during which interested persons or organizations may present their written or oral views concerning the proposed demonstration project. The notice of public hearing shall be published in the Federal Register and shall:
(1) State the date, time, place and purpose of the hearing;
(2) Describe briefly the project;
(3) Indicate where more information and a copy of the project plan may be obtained;
(4) State the name and address of the person who will receive written comments from those unable to attend the hearing; and
(5) Indicate the date by which written comments must be received to be considered.
(b) Nature of public hearing. The hearing will be informal to encourage effective oral presentations by interested individuals and organizations. The presiding officer, designated by the Director, OPM, shall in his or her reasonable discretion regulate the course of the proceedings and the conduct of those present at the hearing by appropriate means.
(c) A written summary shall be made of the oral evidence.
(d) The record shall be left open for 2 weeks after the conclusion of the hearing to receive additional written data, views, and arguments from the parties participating in the hearing.