§ 470.307 Notification responsibilities.
(a) 5 U.S.C. 4703 requires notification of tentatively approved demonstration project plans to Congress, employees, labor organizations, and the public.
(b) OPM shall:
(1) Notify each House of the Congress 180 days in advance of the beginning of each project; and
(2) Publish each tentatively approved project plan as a notice in the Federal Register.
(c) Each agency having a tentatively approved project plan shall:
(1) Notify and make available copies of the project plan to:
(i) All employees who may be interested in or affected by the activities of the demonstration project; and
(ii) All labor organizations accorded exclusive recognition for bargaining units which include employees in or affected by the project plan.
(2) Certify to OPM in writing when and how the requirements of § 470.307(c)(1) were carried out and document the manner in which it insured that all affected employees were notified.
(3) Observe the consultation and negotiation requirements of 5 U.S.C. 4703 (f) and (g).