5 CFR 550.402 - Definitions.
Agency means an Executive agency, as defined in section 105 of title 5, United States Code.
Day means a calendar day, except when otherwise specified by the head of an agency.
Dependent means a family member of the employee residing with the employee and dependent on the employee for support.
Designated representative means a person 16 years of age or over who is named by an employee for the purpose of caring for a dependent.
Domestic partner means a person in a domestic partnership with an employee or annuitant of the same sex.
Domestic partnership means a committed relationship between two adults of the same sex in which the partners—
(2) Maintain a common residence, and intend to continue to do so (or would maintain a common residence but for an assignment abroad or other employment-related, financial, or similar obstacle);
(7) Are not related in a way that, if they were of opposite sex, would prohibit legal marriage in the U.S. jurisdiction in which the domestic partnership was formed;
(8) Are willing to certify, if required by the agency, that they understand that willful falsification of any documentation required to establish that an individual is in a domestic partnership may lead to disciplinary action and the recovery of the cost of benefits received related to such falsification, as well as constitute a criminal violation under18 U.S.C. 1001, and that the method for securing such certification, if required, will be determined by the agency; and
(9) Are willing promptly to disclose, if required by the agency, any dissolution or material change in the status of the domestic partnership.
Evacuated employee means an employee of an agency who has received an order to evacuate.
Family member means an individual with any of the following relationships to the employee:
(6) Domestic partner, and children and parents thereof, including a domestic partner of any individual in paragraphs (2)-(5) of this definition; and
(7) Any individual related by blood or affinity whose close association with the employee is the equivalent of a family relationship.
Order to evacuate means an oral or written order to evacuate an employee from an assigned area.
Safe haven means a designated area to which an employee or dependent will be or has been evacuated.
United States means the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealths of Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana Islands, and any territory or possession of the United States.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 550.