5 CFR 550.714 - Panama Canal Commission employees.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this subpart, an employee separated from employment with the Panama Canal Commission as a result of the implementation of any provision of the Panama Canal Treaty of 1977 and related agreements shall not be entitled to severance pay if he or she -
(3) Was hired by the Commission on or after December 18, 1997.
(b) The term reasonably comparable employment means a position that meets all the following conditions:
(1) The position is with the Panamanian public entity that assumes the functions of managing, operating, and maintaining the Panama Canal as a result of the Panama Canal Treaty of 1977;
(3) The position is within the employee's commuting area;
(4) The position carries no fixed time limitation as to length of appointment; and
(5) The work schedule (that is, part-time or full-time) of the position is the same as that of the position held by the employee at the Panama Canal Commission.
(c) A Panama Canal Commission employee who resigns prior to receiving an official written notice that he or she will not be offered reasonably comparable employment shall be considered to be voluntarily separated. Section 550.706(a) shall be applied, as appropriate, to any employee who resigns after receiving such notice.
(d) Except as otherwise provided by paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section, the provisions of this subpart remain applicable to Panama Canal Commission employees.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 550.