5 CFR 5501.102 - Designation of HHS components as separate agencies.
(a) Separate agency components of HHS. Pursuant to 5 CFR 2635.203(a), each of the twelve components of HHS listed below is designated as an agency separate from each of the other eleven listed components and, for employees of that component, as an agency distinct from the remainder of HHS. However, the components listed below are not deemed to be separate agencies for purposes of applying any provision of 5 CFR part 2635 or this part to employees of the remainder of HHS:
(1) Administration on Aging;
(2) Administration for Children and Families:
(3) Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality;
(4) Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry;
(5) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
(6) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
(7) Food and Drug Administration;
(8) Health Resources and Services Administration;
(9) Indian Health Service;
(10) National Institutes of Health;
(11) Program Support Center; and
(12) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
(b) Definitions -
(1) Employee of a component includes, in addition to employees actually within a component, an employee of the Office of the General Counsel whose regularly assigned duties and responsibilities principally involve the provision of legal services to the relevant component with respect to substantive programmatic issues.
(2) Remainder of HHS means employees in the Office of the Secretary and Staff Divisions, employees of the Office of the General Counsel with Department-wide responsibility, and any HHS employee not in one of the 12 components designated as separate agencies in paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) Applicability of separate agency designations. The designations in paragraph (a) of this section identify an employee's “agency” for purposes of:
(1) Determining when a person is a prohibited source within the meaning of 5 CFR 2635.203(d) for purposes of applying:
(i) The regulations at subpart B of 5 CFR part 2635 governing gifts from outside sources; and
(ii) The regulations at § 5501.106 requiring prior approval of outside employment and other outside activities; and
(iii) The regulations at § 5501.111 governing the receipt of awards by employees of the National Institutes of Health; and
(2) Determining whether teaching, speaking or writing relates to the employee's official duties within the meaning of 5 CFR 2635.807(a)(2)(i).
- 5 CFR 5502.107 — Supplemental Disclosure of Financial Interests in Substantially Affected Organizations Applicable to Employees of the National Institutes of Health.
- 5 CFR 5502.106 — Supplemental Disclosure of Prohibited Financial Interests Applicable to Employees of the Food and Drug Administration.
- 5 CFR 5502.105 — Agency Procedures.
- 5 CFR 5502.101 — General.