5 CFR 890.1103 - Eligibility.
(a) Except as provided by paragraph (b) of this section, individuals described by this section are eligible to elect temporary continuation of coverage under this subpart. Eligible individuals are as follows:
(2) Individuals whose coverage as children under the self plus one or self and family enrollment of an employee, former employee, or annuitant ends because they cease meeting the requirements for being considered covered family members. For the purpose of this section, children who are enrolled under this part as survivors of deceased employees or annuitants are considered to be children under a self plus one or self and family enrollment of an employee or annuitant at the time of the qualifying event.
(3) Former spouses of employees, of former employees having continued self plus one or self and family coverage under this subpart, or of annuitants, if the former spouse would be eligible for continued coverage under subpart H of this part except for failure to meet the requirement of § 890.803(a)(1) or (3) or the documentation requirements of § 890.806(a), including former spouses who lose eligibility under subpart H within 36 months after termination of the marriage because they ceased meeting the requirement of § 890.803(a)(1) or (3).
(b) An individual who is otherwise eligible for benefits under this part (excluding the temporary extension of coverage and conversion privilege set forth in subpart D of this part) is not entitled to continued coverage under this subpart.
- 5 CFR 890.201 — Minimum Standards for Health Benefits Plans.
- 5 CFR 890.1107 — Length of Temporary Continuation of Coverage.
- 5 CFR 890.302 — Coverage of Family Members.
- 5 CFR 890.1108 — Opportunities to Change Enrollment; Effective Dates.
- 5 CFR 890.1106 — Coverage.
- 5 CFR 890.1110 — Termination of Enrollment or Coverage.
- 5 CFR 890.101 — Definitions; Time Computations.
- 5 CFR 890.1104 — Notification by Agency.
- 5 CFR 890.1411 — Temporary Continuation of Coverage (TCC).